PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Operate single, double action, hydraulic or mechanical presses and other equipment necessary to perform a wide range of production operations such as draw, re-draw, trimming, sizing, flattening, piercing, ironing, etc.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Operates equipment and feeds parts/pieces, sheet or coil stock.
- Receives first piece quality inspection approval prior to run.
- Conforms to HTD quality standards.
- Records production information.
- Observes all press operator safety rules and procedures.
- Reports equipment or die problems to die setter or leader immediately.
- Works in other departments or areas on related operations as needed (repair, inspection/packing, modification, etc.)
- Maintains workplace organization and housekeeping.
- Performs SPC (Statistical Process Control) as required and reports non-conformance to Quality Assurance representatives.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures.
- Participates as a member of the Manufacturing Team.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives.