Summary of Position:
This position will work out of our corporate office in Ormond Beach, FL.
The Claims Examiner position is responsible for the investigation, adjustment, and settlement of Homeowner Property claims. Currently this role has 10 openings and offers an annual salary of $42k, with a potential increase after 120 days of employment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for contacting insured’s and other’s to obtain necessary information to evaluate property damage claims.
- Possess an understanding of property insurance claims as well as excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to respond to correspondence and time sensitive material in a timely manner.
- Establish reserves for indemnity and expense as required.
- Effectively manage loss adjustment expense.
- Coordinate with approved SFI vendors/experts regarding claims handling as necessary.
- Effectively interact with external business partners and exercise independent judgment.
- Familiarity with ISO Reporting.
- Participate in training as required.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
- Present a professional and helpful appearance
- Assist in other areas of department or other departments as required
Department Specific/Non-Essential Functions:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to obtain Adjusters (620) license/fulfill curriculum requirements within 120 days – as required for position.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Decision Quality
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Customer Focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Our company is a drug-free workplace, and all candidates which are offered a position will be required to submit to pre-employment drug screening. Refusal to submit to drug screening will result in retraction of offer.